Compatibility issue of Acronis True Image with NTBackup
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows
- Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server
- Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation
- Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows
- Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server
- Acronis True Image Echo Workstation
NTBackup fails or malfunctions sporadically when there is Acronis True Image installed on the machine.
When there is Acronis True Image installed on the machine, NTBackup may try using Acronis VSS Provider to operate.
Direct NTBackup to use Microsoft VSS Provider instead of Acronis VSS Provider by editing registry as described below:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit , and then click OK.
- Locate and right-click the following registry subkey:
- Point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type UseMicrosoftProvider as the name for the new DWORD value, and then press Enter.
- Double-click UseMicrosoftProvider, type 1 in the Value box.
- Press Enter, and then close registry and then try Ntbackup to see if that works fine.
Contact Acronis Customer Central with reference to this article, if the solution does not work.