This message can be safely ignored
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- You create a centralized managed vault on a tape loader;
- You configure a backup plan or backup policy with GFS backup scheme and set the managed vault on tape as destination;
- After the amount of days you specify in Keep backups: Daily, you start receiving the following error in logs:
Action is not supported for this object.
According to GFS scheme algorithm, the cleanup task runs after each daily backup and deletes backups that are older than specified in Keep backups. When a backup is deleted by cleanup task, its entry is marked for deletion in vault database and the archive itself is deleted from storage.
When using GFS backup scheme on tape, during cleanup task Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 marks the archive for deletion in vault database. However, due to specifics of tape technology, it is impossible to delete data from tape, it can only be overwritten by new data. The error message appears when Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 attempts to delete archive from tape, as cleanup task requires.
This message can be safely ignored.
When all backup archives on a tape are marked for deletion, the tape is moved to Free pool and can be reused for writing new archives.
Acronis Development Team is working on changing product behavior in this scenario: the product will mark outdated archives for deletion and will not attempt to physically delete them from tape.
This article applies only to using GFS backup scheme on tape autoloaders. If you encountered this error in different scenario, the issue is not covered in this article and needs investigation. In this case, please contact Acronis Customer Central.