This article provides information on how to find, identify and resolve typical errors in MSI logs of Acronis software
For information on how to create an MSI log please see Creating an MS Installer Log of Acronis Software.
If the MSI log has encoding issues and is unreadable, you can fix them as explained in this article.
An error that can be found in an MSI log of an Acronis product is usually the result of a standard or custom action of the installation process. When it is necessary to find such an error in the MSI log, you should open it with a text editor (e.g. notepad) and search for the following phrase:
- Return value 3 (for English logs)
- Rückgabewert 3 (for German logs)
- Возвращенное значение 3 or Код возврата 3 (for Russian logs)
- Valeur renvoyée: 3 (for French logs)
- Valor devuelto: 3 (for Spanish logs)
- Valor de retorno 3 (for Portuguese logs)
- Valore restituito 3 (for Italian logs)
- Vrácená hodnota: 3 (for Czech logs)
- Retourwaarde 3 (for Dutch logs)
- 戻り値 3 (for Japanese logs)
- 傳回值 3 (for Chinese logs)
Once this phrase is found, you should look at the lines, which immediately precede it. These lines have information on what module of the Acronis product fails to be installed and why.
If Return value 3 cannot be found, then you may try searching for the first instance of the following phrase:
Once again, you should then check the lines that precede it.
- Acronis Products: Installation Fails with "An error occurred during the installation of assembly" "Microsoft.VC80.CRT,publicKeyToken"
- Acronis Backup: Installation fails with fatal error if Avast is installed
- Acronis Products: Installation Log Shows Message "Failed to grab execution mutex. System error 258."
- Acronis Backup 12.5: installation fails with "Error 1406"
- Acronis Backup 12.5: Storage Node installation fails with Error 0x2781fc
- Acronis Backup: installation fails with "Error 0x176001e: The certificate trust verification of file 'AB64.msi' has failed"
- Acronis Backup 12.5: Management Server update fails with "Create database permission denied"
- MSI: Installation of Acronis Product Fails with COM+ Error in MSI Log
- MSI: Installation of Acronis Product Fails with WMI Error in MSI Log
- MSI: Installation of Acronis Product Fails with SnapAPI Error in MSI Log
If none of the described errors are the case or if you have difficulties with any of the instructions, please contact Acronis Support.
Please attach the following files to your request: