An upgrade is a shift from the current version of Acronis software to a newer one. An update is a newer build of Acronis software of the same version
Upgrading your copy of Acronis software is moving up from one to the next version. An upgrade can be purchased from:
- Business products: https://www.acronis.com/business
- Personal products: https://www.acronis.com/personal
An upgrade for Acronis Business products is available for free for owners of Acronis Advantage Standard/Premier support licenses. See Acronis Advantage. You can purchase an upgrade. To install an upgrade, you need to have both an upgrade serial number and a serial number for a previous version of the product.
Updating your copy of Acronis software is downloading and installing a newer build of the software. Updates within one version are always free and can be downloaded from Acronis Web site:
- Business products: https://www.acronis.com/support/updates/index.html#business
- Personal products: https://www.acronis.com/support/updates/index.html#consumer
It is strongly recommended to have the latest build of Acronis software.
You can find the build number of the Acronis product by selecting the Help -> About dialog box from the main window of the running software. In Acronis True Image Home 2009 or Acronis True Image Home 2010 please hit Alt to see the Help menu.
(!) For support requests, please contact Acronis Customer Central.
- Receiving Upgrade Licenses for Acronis Enterprise Products
- Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product
- Downloading an Installation File of Acronis Software