Download the new build and update components locally or remotely
This article applies to:
- Acronis Snap Deploy 3 for PC
- Acronis Snap Deploy 3 for Servers
For information on how to download the latest build see Downloading the Latest Build of Acronis Software.
(!) To update Acronis Snap Deploy 3 components while preserving all previous settings, deployment templates and tasks it is recommended to install the update build without uninstalling the previous build.
(!) A reboot is required to complete the installation of OS Deploy Server and Acronis Snap Deploy Management Agent components.
- Run the installation package on the machine with Acronis License Server installed and select Install Acronis License Server:
- Click Proceed;
- Run the installation package on the machine with Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console is installed and select Install Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console:
- Click Proceed;
- Run Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console and click Install Acronis Components:
- On Installer Location page check Select among registered components:
- Select the component that you want to update:
- If you chose to update OS Deploy Server or Acronis Snap Deploy Management Agent, you will be asked to specify the license server for license validation. Provide Acronis License Server by IP or computer name:
- Select the machine where you would like to update the component and provide credentials for access:
Check Reboot the remote computer box if you want to allow automatic reboot after installing the update.
- If you select this option, setup will reboot the machine automatically after installing the update;
- If you leave this option unchecked, setup will prompt for reboot after installation and you will be able to select Reboot later, if needed.
- Click Proceed on the final screen:
When both the Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console and Acronis License Server are updated, you can run it to update all remote components (Acronis OS Deploy Server, Acronis Snap Deploy Management Agent):
Alternatively, you can update components locally: run installation package on the computer with the component, select the component in installation package menu and click Proceed to start the update.
If you have Acronis Universal Deploy it should be updated as well.
(!) Recreate Acronis Bootable Media after installing the latest build.
If you use Acronis PXE Server, reconfigure it with updated components: