Try removing Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer to see if this resolves the issue
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image 11 Home
- Acronis True Image Echo
To know when to employ the solution below, please refer to Analyzing Installation Logs of Acronis Products Based on MSI Technology: TIMounter Example.
If the MSI log indicates that installation fails on TrueImageWinMounter, please delete Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer:
- Right-click on My Computer and select Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager
- Delete the Acronis TrueImage Backup Archive Explorer device under Acronis Devices
- Try to install Acronis True Image again
If the solution does not help, then please do the following:
- Download TrueImageWinMounter MSI Installer from link below:
After you download it, please go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command:
msiexec /i C:\AcronisTIMounter.msi /l*v log-name
where log-name is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to. And C:\AcronisTIMounter.msi is location to where you have downloaded this MSI Installer.
- After this please get the SetupAPI log:
Download the file below, unpack it and run in order to add the information to the Windows registry:
Delete the \Windows\setupapi.log file and reboot the computer;
Reproduce the installation failure and get the setupapi.log file.
Please make sure you reproduce the installation failure using the original full version installation file (not this TrueImageWinMounter MSI Installer).
- Then please get log files from the following folder:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Drivers
The necessary log files should be similar in naming to the two files below:
- Get Windows System Information File
- Contact Acronis Customer Central with reference to this article and attach the files you have collected during the previous steps:
- TrueImageWinMounter MSI Installer log
- SetupAPI log
- Two log files from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Drivers directory.
- Windows System Information File