This has been fixed
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Windows
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Workstation
- You create a backup task to back up PST file of your Microsoft Outlook E-mail;
- In Backup options -> File-level backup snapshot you select Create a snapshot if possible or Always create a snapshot:
- Microsoft Outlook is running when backup task runs. Backup fails with an error message similar to the following one:
Failed to back up file or folder. This file or folder is locked by the following process: C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE. Please stop the process and click "Retry" to make another attempt to back up.
Issue in the product. Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 cannot create snapshot of the file in use.
This has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest build of the product. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
To work around the issue without downloading the latest build, do the following:
- Make sure that Microsoft Outlook is turned off when backup task runs;
- In What to back up select the folder that contains the PST file, not the PST file itself.
The default location for PST file is:
Windows XP/2000/2003: C:\Documents and settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
Windows Vista/2008/7: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\
This has been fixed.