- You have Acronis Disk Director 11 installed on Windows 7/2008 R2;
- You open Windows Event Viewer (Start-Run -> eventvwr.msc) and in Application Log see errors similar to the following one:
Event ID: 33
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\DiskDirector\WinPE\Files\ManagementConsole.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
The error is caused by the WinPE plug-in of Acronis Disk Director using different manifests than Acronis Disk Director itself.
This has been fixed. The fix is available in the latest released build of the product. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
To resolve the issue without installing the latest build, see instructions below:
The files that cause the errors belong to Acronis WinPE plug-in.
If you intend to use Acronis WinPE plug-in, you can safely ignore the messages.
If you are not going to use Acronis WinPE plug-in and would like to eliminate the messages, please do the following:
- Browse to the following folder:
- Windows 32 bit: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\DiskDirector\
- Windows 64 bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\DiskDirector\
- Right-click on the WinPE folder and choose Send to -> Compressed folder.
- Delete the original WinPE folder.
This will not affect the product's functionality. You will only not be able to use Acronis WinPE plug-in, unless you unpack it back.