The backup task fails to run with incorrect credentials
This article applies to:
- All Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Editions
A backup task fails to run with the following error message in the log:
Logging on with the specified credentials is impossible, probably because the account does not exist or the password is invalid
The account under which the task is specified to run does not exist or the password is incorrect.
This means that you either provided incorrect credentials, or the credentials were correct at the time of the backup task creation but have later been changed.
Edit the task to provide correct credentials:
- Select Backup plans and tasks and right-click on the failed task. Click Edit:
- Check the Advanced view box:
- Click Change next to Plan's credentials:
- Put in the correct username and password:
Please contact Acronis Customer Central, if you have further questions or need assistance.