What should be taken into consideration when creating a password with special characters during unattended installation with MST files created by mst_gen.vbs
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Windows
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Workstation
When you create a transform for unattended installation of Acronis Backup & Recovery Agent for Windows using mst_gen.vbs, you can specify user name and password of the user account under which Acronis Managed Machine Service will run on the machine. If you do not specify this parameter, Acronis Managed Machine Service will run under default account Acronis Agent User.
(!) This article applies only to unattended installation using MST files (transforms). It does not apply to standard installation in graphical interface.
Certain special symbols in passwords may lead to unexpected behavior of Acronis Managed Machine Service after installation (e.g. the service may fail to start).
See the table below for details on using special symbols:
|< (less-than or left angle bracket)||Must be put in quotes: "<"|
|> (greater-than or right angle bracket)||Must be put in quotes: ">"|
|& (ampersand)||Must be put in quotes: "&"|
|/ (slash)||Cannot be used|
|" (quotation mark)||Cannot be used|
|' (apostrophe)||Cannot be used|
|^ (caret)||Should be doubled: ^^|
Other special symbols can be used without limitations.
(!) These are limitations of Windows shell and Windows Host Script engine.
Example: if you want to run Acronis Managed Machine Service under user Acronis_backup and password 123<>^&, the command for MST transform creation should look like:
mst_gen.vbs /msi_path C:\AcronisAgentWindows.msi /license_server 192.168.0.1 /product AS /account Acronis_backup 123"<"">"^^"&"
For detailed instructions on unattended installation see:
- Installation Guides
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Unattended Installation of Acronis Management Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Unattended Installation of Acronis License Server
- Installing Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 from Windows Command-Line
Contact Acronis Customer Central if you have any questions or need assistance.