Readd the Hyper-V role and after that reedit all virtual machines and reset the network adapters
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Windows (Standalone)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- You have a Windows Server 2008 system running Hyper-V;
- You back up the Windows Server 2008 system and restore it to a machine with dissimilar hardware using Acronis Universal Restore;
- After the restore, you start Hyper-V;
- The Hyper-V virtual machines fail to run.
The issue is with the changed network adapter in the system.
The virtual network adapter used by Hyper-V does not work after the restore to dissimilar hardware and cannot be fixed with Virtual Network Manager.
To fix the issue, do the following:
- Readd the Hyper-V role to the restored system;
- Reedit all Hyper-V virtual machines to reset the network adapters.
Contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.