We recommend keeping your Acronis products up to date. Most Acronis products check for updates automatically and suggest update once a new product build is available.
An update can be installed over the existing version of the same product. It can also be installed from scratch on a clean system.
To update your Acronis Product:
- Download the update. See Downloading the Latest Build of Acronis Software.
- Install the update (see instructions below)
Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (formerly Acronis True Image):
Acronis True Image:
- Acronis True Image 2021 (Windows): how to update to the latest build
- Acronis True Image 2021 (Mac): how to update to the latest build
- Acronis True Image 2020 (Windows): how to update to the latest build
- Acronis True Image 2020 (Mac): how to update to the latest build
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud (Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, Acronis Backup Cloud)
Server-side components are updated automatically. For instructions on updating Agents, see links below:
- Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: Updating to the latest build
- Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: mass update of Acronis Agents
Acronis Cyber Protect 15, Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5
Acronis Disk Director
- Acronis Disk Director 12 Home: Updating to the latest build
- Acronis Disk Director 11 Home: Updating to build 2343
Installing the latest version or build of an Acronis product over the existing version reinstalls Acronis drivers in the system. Depending on how major the update is, this operation may or may not require the system reboot.
You can also take a look at Difference between an Upgrade and an Update.
After updating, it is also recommended to recreate Acronis Bootable Media to have better hardware support.
(!) Acronis does not guarantee that images (backup archives) created with a newer build of the product will be supported by older builds.