The issue may happen after upgrading from the previous version of Acronis True Image Home
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image 11 Home
You are trying to either manage Backup Locations or to choose Backup Archive Location in the Backup/Scheduled Task Wizard and receive the following error message:
The issue may occur after upgrading from the previous version of Acronis True Image Home because certain registry keys are not properly updated during the upgrade process.
- Use Windows Explorer to browse for the existing Backup Locations directories (if any of backup locations are set up). Manually delete configuration files (*.cfg) from them.
- Run "regedit" from Start -> Run and search for the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis\Fomatik\PlaceBrowser\FavoritePlaces
- Delete all existing subkeys under FavoritePlaces
- Recreate Backup Locations if you had any
This should eliminate the error.
If you had Backup Locations set up before applying this solution, we recommend you to recreate Backup Locations in the folders they had been organized. The backups stored in these folders will be automatically recognized by the newly created backup locations. Therefore, there is no need to recreate backups stored in the Backup Location folders.
You can also take a look at a Microsoft article on how to modify the Windows registry.