Acronis Universal Restore is not available when restoring from Nonstop Backup storage
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2010 Plus Pack
- Acronis True Image Home 2011 Plus Pack
- You protect one or more partitions using Nonstop Backup;
- You boot your computer with Acronis Bootable Rescue Media with Acronis Universal Restore functionality (see Acronis True Image Home 2011 Plus Pack and Acronis True Image Home 2010 Plus Pack);
- When you select Nonstop Backup Storage for recovery and select Recover disks and partitions, option Use Acronis Universal Restore is not available:
Nonstop backup storage: Images:
This is product design.
The purpose of Acronis Nonstop Backup is to provide near-continuous data protection of a running system.
The technology behind Acronis Nonstop Backup is different from the standard backup technology. Whereas to create a standard backup the product does a momentary snapshot, Acronis Nonstop Backup needs to analyze the running system and back it up every 5 minutes. Hence, not to affect the running system, a different technology is used in Acronis Nonstop Backup - a technology for which Acronis Universal Restore was not designed.
Acronis Universal Restore works only with standard system backups in .tib format created with Acronis True Image and does not work with Acronis Nonstop Backups.
If you want to migrate to a different system using Acronis Universal Restore, please create a standard disk/partition backup: see Acronis True Image Home 2011: Disk and partition backup.