A newly created NTFS volume has "Full control" security permission for Everyone
- Using Acronis Disk Director 11, you create a new NTFS volume;
- The created NTFS volume and all subsequent files and folders on it will have the Full control security permission for Everyone.
Compare the NTFS volume created with Acronis Disk Director 11 and the one created with Windows Disk Management:
Acronis Disk Director 11 Windows Disk Management
This is a known issue.
Edit the security permissions for the newly created NTFS volume:
- In Windows, right-click on the partition and select Properties:
- Switch to the Security tab and click Edit:
- Set the security permissions that you find suitable.
See also Microsoft TechNet Article: File and Folder Permissions.