Download and install the latest build of Acronis Disk Director 11 Home
This article applies to:
- Acronis Disk Director 11 Home
For general information on how to download the latest build see Downloading the Latest Build of Acronis Software:
Once you log into your account, locate Acronis Disk Director 11 Home Build 2343and download it:
You can also download the latest update from Product Updates page.
There is no need to uninstall your current build of Acronis Disk Director 11 Home. You can install Acronis Disk Director 11 Home Build 2343 over the existing one.
(!) Installation of the update will uninstall Acronis OS Selector. You will need to reinstall Acronis OS Selector after the installation of the update.
A system reboot is required if you have Acronis OS Selector installed.
- Run the installation package and click Install Acronis Disk Director 11 Home:
- Click Next to start the update:
- If you accept the license agreement, click the corresponding radio-button and then Next:
- Select Typical:
- Typical and Complete - these options are identical. Both Acronis True Image Home 2011 and Rescue Media Builder will be installed;
- Custom - You can select where to install the product (e.g., on a D: drive instead of C:). (!) It is strongly not recommended to use this option when installing the update. Even if you had the product installed on a drive different from the default C:, the product will detect this and update as necessary. Please select Typical or Complete.
- Hit Proceed to start the installation:
- The update installation will then start:
During the installation you may see the following Acronis OS Selector message:
Acronis OS Selector will select the operating system to boot after the installation
Click No, I will choose the operating system myself and then select your operating system:
And then hit Proceed:
This is standard procedure. You will need to reinstall Acronis OS Selector after the update.
The installation will then finish:
You will need to reboot the machine to have Acronis OS Selector uninstalled:
(!) You will not be asked to reboot the machine if you did not have Acronis OS Selector installed.
When prompted that Acronis OS Selector has been unistalled, click OK to boot the machine:
Reinstall Acronis OS Selector as described in Acronis Disk Director 11 Home: Installation of Acronis OS Selector.
See also Acronis Disk Director 11 Home.