Acronis Disk Director Server 10.0 lets you resize, merge, split, copy, move, delete, create partitions and perform a number of other operations with your hard disk drive
Acronis Disk Director Server 10.0 is a comprehensive partition and disk management suite that combines a number of previous Acronis products into one solution:
Acronis Partition Expert - Create, split, merge, resize, move, copy partitions without losing your data
- Acronis Recovery Expert - Recover accidentally lost or deleted partitions
- Acronis Disk Editor - A disk drive repair tool that allows you to perform advanced operations on your hard disk drive, such as restoration of boot records and hexadecimal editing
Additional key features of Acronis Disk Director Server 10.0 are:
- Command-line interface - create scripts for application tasks
- Application log - View all actions performed using the application
Formerly standalone programs, Acronis Disk Editor and Acronis Recovery Expert are now included into Acronis Disk Director Server 10.0.
Acronis Recovery Expert is an easy-to-use tool that automatically searches for lost and deleted partitions and restores them, if possible.
Acronis Disk Editor is an advanced hard disk editor. It is intended for experienced users familiar with information storage structure of hard disks. It can also be used for educational purposes to provide different views of data storage structures of hard disks.
In many cases automatic utilities are not enough, and even cannot be used. For example, in case of damage of important areas of a hard disk by boot viruses or viruses that damage hard disks sectorwise. Such damages often result in impossibility to boot the computer up. Acronis Disk Editor may become the only way out of this situation with its independent mode of booting from a diskette or CD disc. To simplify the task of restoration, we recommend you to always have backup copies of important areas of a hard disk that you can also create with Acronis Disk Editor at hand.
The main advantage of Acronis Disk Editor is the opportunity to resolve issues that cannot be resolved by automatic utilities. Additional advantages of our product include:
- Ability to work in universal hexadecimal mode of data representation;
- Ability to work in special modes for editing Partition tables, FAT 16/32 and NTFS boot sectors, and folders;
- Ability to work in special operating modes, which are provided for many disk data storage structures.
The developers tried their best to reduce the probability of accidental hard disk data damages. Safety of work with Acronis Disk Editor is provided by committing all changes of hard disk sectors' contents in computer memory first. It is only when you save changes to the hard disk that they are permanent.
Acronis Recovery Expert works with hard disk partitions only and does not restore individual files or folders. Please note that the most effective way to protect your data is to back up your hard disk with Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows, which allows you to restore either the entire partition or individual files or folders once you created a backup.