Acronis Management Server databases are not synchronized with each other
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
Acronis Management Server Service stops and starts silently from time to time.
This is a known issue.
Acronis Management Server databases are not synchronized with each other.
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio:
If you have Microsoft SQL Express installed, you will need to download and install Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio:
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Management Studio Express
- Click New Query;
- Paste the following query:
DELETE FROM acronis_cms_cards.dbo.AttachedMachines WHERE NOT EXISTS(SELECT ID FROM acronis_cms.dbo.Machine WHERE ID = MachineID)
- Execute this query;
- In the messages it should display how many rows are affected;
- If the number is above 0, the issue should be fixed;
- Start the Acronis Management Server Service.
This issue has been fixed and the fix will be available in the next officially released build of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10.