Last update: Wed, 2010-09-29 09:28
Mounting and unmounting backup archives
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Windows (Standalone)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Workstation (Standalone)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
Mounting volumes from a disk backup allows you to access mounted volumes as physical disks. This method is useful if you want to recover several files from a disk/partition backup.
If the volume is mounted in Read/write mode you can modify the backup content: save, move, create, delete files or folders. The changes will be saved as a new incremental backup.
(!) Images stored in Centralized Managed Vaults, on tapes, and on Acronis Online Backup Storage cannot be mounted. If you want to mount an image stored in a Centralized Managed Vault, you need to Export it first: see Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Exporting Archives and Backups