How to create Acronis Bootable Media with a backup archive on it (all-in-one)
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
- Acronis True Image Home 2011 Plus Pack
Using Acronis True Image Home 2011, you can create Acronis Bootable Media that has a backup of your system on it (all-in-one).
Acronis Bootable Media with a backup can be created on the following media:
- USB flash drive formatted in FAT32;
(!) If you select different media as destination (e.g. internal hard drive), the Make this media bootable option will be grayed out:
- Start Acronis True Image Home 2011, go to main screen and select Disk and partition backup:
- Select a partition or the whole disk to back up:
- As a backup location, select the removable media (CD/DVD/Flash):
- Select option Make this media bootable:
If you have both Acronis True Image Home 2011 and Acronis Disk Director 11 Home installed, and you want to add Acronis Disk Director 11 Home to the bootable media, press Disk backup options:
In Disk Backup options, go to Advanced -> Removable media settings and check Place Acronis Disk Director 11 Home on media:
You can also place Acronis system report on media or add Safe version of bootable media (if you installed Media Add-ons) by checking the corresponding options.
Click Back up now.
(!) Bootable media with a backup file can only be created when using Acronis True Image Home 2011 in Windows. It is impossible to create such media in bootable environment.
If the size of the backup does not fit one piece of media (e.g. CD), the file will be split into several volumes. In this case, the bootable piece will be the first one.