Change to a different drive letter that has not been already assigned
- You boot the machine from Acronis Bootable Media of Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced;
- Once booted, you change a drive letter of a partition to a letter that has already been assigned in Windows;
- The operating completes successfully, but the partition has the original drive letter.
- You boot from Acronis Bootable Media;
- You change the E: letter to D:
However D: is already assigned to a DVD drive in Windows.
- The operation completes successfully;
- You boot into Windows;
- The partition has the original drive letter (E: in this case).
This is a known issue. Acronis Bootable Media may not be able to identify that the drive letter is already assigned to a different partition. See Acronis Bootable Media displays wrong drive letters.
It is recommended to change the drive letter to a different one that has not already been assigned.