- You run a scheduled backup task or create a new backup task;
- The error message "Failed to check the license key. The key is disabled." is displayed when creating a backup plan:
- Scheduled tasks fail with error messages similar to the following ones:
Feature is disabled. (0x640012)
FeatureName = "FEATURE_ATIE10_BACKUP"
Failed to initialize server. (0x640004)
Acronis Agent cannot verify the license on Acronis License Server.
Possible causes of the problem:
- MAC address of the Agent machine has changed; or the "host address" in Acronis License Server Management Console may be empty for a machine with local license server, even though the Agent was installed with a network link and always had one later.
The cause for this is being investigated. See Solution 3.
See also: Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation: It Is Not Recommended to Install Acronis License Server on a Notebook
- Agent cannot find License Server by computer name; and/or IP address of the License Server machine has changed;
See Solution 2.
- You have Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Online installed without a license key - this means that you cannot back up to any location other than the online storage. A full or trial version might have been previously installed, which allowed to select a different location.
See Solution 1.
(!) These solutions apply only to Build 11639 or higher (you can check the build number in Help -> About). If you are running an earlier build, please skip to Step 4:
You may have only Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Online installed (you installed the product without entering a license or specifying a license server). Hence, you cannot back up to any location other than the online storage. If you have licenses, you can switch the product to the full version, so that you will be able to back up to other locations as well. See Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Switching to Full Version.
First, make sure that correct license server address is used.If the address of License Server is correct or if the above solution does not help, revoke the license and apply it again.
If the solutions above do not help, do the following:
- Delete the license from Acronis License Server and add it back;
- Reinstall Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent on the problem machine, however this will remove all backup plans. The program will take the necessary license again during installation.
- Using Acronis License Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Local and Network Storage Locations Are Grayed Out
Contact Acronis Support if you have any questions or need assistance.