As a workaround, restart the Nonstop Backup session
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2010
Nonstop Backup of Acronis True Image Home 2010 errors out with the following code:
Acronis True Image Home 2010 fails to read the Nonstop Backup meta information.
You will need to recreate the Nonstop Backup session using one of the following two workarounds:
- If you are willing to keep using the Acronis Nonstop Backup, just turn it on again (if it shows as turned on, turn it off, and then turn it on again):
This will rebuild meta data.
- If you do not want to start the Acronis Nonstop Backup right now or do not have the resources to do it, then do the following:
- Close Acronis True Image Home 2010;
- Hit Start-Run and type in services.msc
- On the Services window, right-click on the Acronis Nonstop Backup service and click Stop:
- Once you have stopped the service, close the Services window;
- Hit Start-Run and type in regedit
- On the Registry Editor window, browse to the following subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\File CDP Service\Settings\Sessions
- Right-click on Sessions and select Delete:
- Once the Sessions subkey is deleted, close the Registry Editor;
- Now, start again the Services window, right-click on the Acronis Nonstop Backup service and click Start (if it has not started automatically):
The error message should now disappear.
See also Acronis Nonstop Backup Pauses.