Update to the latest build to fix the issue
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server Build 11639
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Windows (Standalone) Build 11639
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition Build 11639
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation Build 11639
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Workstation (Standalone) Build 11639
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition Build 11639
- You install Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Build 11639 in Windows;
- After the installation, some USB devices (e.g. LaCie 500 GB external USB disk) disappear and cannot be accessed in Windows. Windows event logs may show some hardware problems with these devices similar to:
Application popup: Windows - Delayed Write Failed : Windows was unable to save all the data for the file G:\$Mft. The data has been lost.
This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.
This is a known issue specific to some USB devices. SnapAPI drivers send requests to USB-ATA bridges in these devices, and if they cannot properly process such requests, the USB devices hang.
This has been fixed, and SnapAPI drivers requests were modified to be compatible with these USB devices. The fix is available in the latest build of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
This has been fixed.