The online backup subscription is annual
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Online
(!) For country availability see:
- Acronis Cloud Storage: list of supported countries
- Acronis Backup & Recovery Online Large Scale Recovery and Initial Seeding: Country Availability
Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Online licensing is subscription based. One subscription per one machine. See Acronis Backup & Recovery Online Licensing.
There are three types on Acronis Backup & Recovery Online subscription:
- Workstation subscription - available for workstation operating systems;
- Server subscription - available for both server and workstation operating systems;
- Virtual machine subscription - available for virtual machines
To use the online backup subscription, you need to:
- Have Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Build 12457 (or higher) or Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Online installed. See Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Online: Installation;
- Obtain an online backup subscription license and activate it. See Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Activating Online Backup Subscription;
The online backup subscription starts from the moment you activate it in the product, not from the moment you purchase it.
With a valid annual online backup subscription you can use the online storage to its full extent: back up, recover, delete, view and validate the backups on it.
Once the subscription period expires and is not renewed, you will be able to keep using the online storage to its full extent for 5 days.
If the subscription is not renewed in 5 days, you will only be able to restore the backups from the online storage for the next 25 days. After this, the backups will be deleted from the online storage.
When you renew the subscription in the 30 days after the previous one has expired, the renewed subscription will start from the expiration date (and not from the moment you renewed it):
- Acronis Backup & Recovery Online: Initial Seeding Licensing
- Acronis Backup & Recovery Online: Large Scale Recovery Licensing