Setting up E-mail notifications on the backup process
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
You can make the product notify you on the backup process via E-mail.
The E-mail Notifications option is available on the Notifications tab of Disk Backup Options or File Backup Options:
To specify the e-mail settings:
- Select the Send e-mail notifications about the operation state check box:
- Enter the e-mail address in the E-mail address field. You can enter several e-mail addresses in a semicolon-delimited format.
- Enter the outgoing mail server (SMTP) in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field.
- Set the port of the outgoing mail server. By default the port is set to 25.
- Enter the user name in the User name field. Even if your SMTP server does not require authentication, you will still need to enter your username and password.
- Enter the password in the Password field. Even if your SMTP server does not require authentication, you will still need to enter your username and password.
- To check whether your settings are correct, click the Send test message button.
(!) Acronis True Image Home here acts as an E-mail client, otherwise it will not be able to send notifications. Think of it as Microsoft Outlook, which cannot send an E-mail without your E-mail account credentials.
To send an e-mail message, any Acronis product needs some SMTP server credentials to send the request to this SMTP server to send an E-mail message. Acronis itself is not providing service of the SMTP server. (Neither does Microsoft Outlook, for example).
- Additional notification settings:
- To send a notification concerning process completion, select the Send notification upon operation's successful completion check box.
- To send a notification concerning process failure, select the Send notification upon operation failure check box.
- To send a notification with operation messages, select the Send notification when user interaction is required check box.
- To send a notification with full log of operations, select the Add full log to the notification check box.
Subjects of Acronis True Image Home 2011 e-mail notifications look like:
- Upon operation's successful completion: <task name> Task completed successfully;
- When user interaction is required: Acronis True Image Home Notification from <machine name>;
- Upon operation failure: <task name> Task execution failed.
See also Acronis True Image Home 2011.