List of new features in Acronis True Image Home 2011
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
- New user interface – Redesigned user interface and usability enhancements, based on the results of usability testing, make Acronis True Image Home easier to use than ever before. See also Acronis True Image Home 2011: Back up my critical data and Acronis True Image Home 2011: Use backup assistant;
- Predefined backup schemes – Acronis True Image Home offers you predefined backup schemes designed for specific user needs - from a disk space-efficient scheme suitable for users with limited backup storage capabilities to a scheme for those users who need higher security for their data and system. The program offers different backup schemes for disk and file type backups. You just select a scheme and the program automatically manages your backups. In addition, you can create a custom backup scheme which will exactly suit your needs. See also Acronis True Image Home 2011: Backup Schemes.
- Check points - The Acronis Backup Explorer timeline shows Windows and software installation and update dates. Moving your mouse over a check point opens a balloon with information about the update or software. With check points you can check the changes to your system and recover the system to a specific backed up state.
- USB 3.0 support – Acronis True Image Home supports the new USB 3.0 standard. If your motherboard can work with USB 3.0 hard disk drives, you can use the high data transfer speed offered by the new standard to make your backups run much faster.
- SATA 3 support.
- Enhanced Acronis Nonstop Backup – Now you can use Acronis Nonstop Backup for protecting both partitions and individual files and folders. Protection of individual folders by Acronis Nonstop Backup usually requires much less storage space. In addition, the current version of Acronis True Image Home allows you to use the Acronis Secure Zone as Nonstop Backup storage. This may be desirable for notebook users with a single hard disk drive. See also Acronis True Image Home 2011: Nonstop Backup.
- Automatic update notification – By default, Acronis True Image Home will automatically inquire about the availability of a program update at every program start. When an update is available, Acronis True Image Home will offer to download and install it. You can also check for availability of updates manually through the Help menu.
- New Backup Explorer – Now you can use the Acronis Backup Explorer's time line for exploring not only Acronis Nonstop Backup and Acronis Online Backup contents, but contents of all other backups as well. Clicking My backups in the main window will show all your backups on the time line. In addition, you can start recovery of disks and partitions right from the time line.
- Enhanced scheduler – the completely redesigned scheduler makes scheduling much easier. In addition, it now allows you to wake up the sleeping/hibernating computer to perform a backup. The At system shutdown and At user logoff options are now available to users of Windows Vista and Windows 7. See also Acronis True Image Home 2011: Scheduling a Backup.
- Drag & Drop functionality - you can recover backed up files by dragging them from Acronis Time Explorer to your Desktop or a folder of your choice. In addition, you can create shortcuts for backups by dragging their boxes from the My backups area on the main screen to your Desktop. This will allow you to run a backup by simply double-clicking on its shortcut. You can also create shortcuts for frequently used Acronis tools by dragging their icons from the Start menu to the Desktop.