Backing up to FTP server
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
The following types of backup support FTP server as destination:
- (!) An FTP server must allow passive mode file transfers. For data to be recovered directly from an FTP server, the backup must consist of files no greater than 2GB each.
- (!) The firewall settings of the source computer should have Ports 20 and 21 opened for the TPC and UDP protocols to function.
You can back up to FTP when running the product both from Windows or Acronis Bootable Media.
- Start the necessary backup wizard. See:
- Click the down arrow next to Destination and select Browse:
Disk backup File backup E-mail backup
- Click FTP connections -> New FTP connection:
- Enter the required information:
- Full path to the FTP server, for example: ftp://my.server.com
- User name
- Hit Test connection. You should see the Connection established message:
- Click Connect;
- You will see your FTP server in FTP Connections list and the contents of your FTP server:
See also Acronis True Image Home 2011.