Backing up to a shared network folder
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
The following types of backup support network share as destination:
- Start the necessary backup wizard. See:
- Click the down arrow next to Destination and select Browse:
Disk backup File backup E-mail backup
- Click Network and browse to the machine with the network share:
(!) If you are backing up to a mapped drive, it will show under Computer (and not under Network).
Alternatively, you can also type in the path to the network share in the File name field and hit Enter:
(!) If you are typing the path, make sure you type it correctly. If you mistype it and hit Enter, you will still see the authentication screen, but authentication will not pass even with correct credentials. See also Acronis True Image Home 2011: After Typing a Path to a Network Share You Need to Hit "Enter" to Establish Connection.
- Type in the correct credentials and hit Test connection:
These are the same credentials that you would normally use to access the share in Windows.
If the network share is available for access by everyone and thus does not have credentials set up, you will not be asked for credentials.
- If the credentials are correct, you will see the Connection established message. Click Connect:
- Check if you have provided a file name for the backup and click OK.