Description of the file backup options
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
For information on how to do a disk or partition backup see:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011: Back up my critical data
- Acronis True Image Home 2011: Use backup assistant
- Acronis True Image Home 2011: File backup
File backup options are available on the file backup screen:
File Backup Options:
- Backup scheme:
- Backup protection - protect your backup with a password and encryption. (!) Password cannot be retrieved if lost or forgotten;
- Pre/Post commands - you can specify commands or batch files that will be automatically executed before and after backup;
- Backup splitting - the backup can be split into several volumes;
- Validation - enable automatic validation of the backup immediately after it is created or on schedule (or both);
- Backup reserve copy - create a reserve copy of the backup;
- Removable media settings - When backing up to removable media, you can make this media bootable by writing additional components to it. Thus, in case of the machine crash, you will be able to boot from the media and restore the backup;
- Screenshot settings - Along with backup comments, screenshots taken at the moment of starting a disk backup can help you to recognize a previous disk state you need to recover. The screenshots will be shown in Backup Explorer on the Disks and partitions tab;
- Error handling - When the program encountered an error while performing backup, it stops the backup process and displays a message, waiting for a response on how to handle the error. If you set an error handling policy, the program will not stop the backup process and warn you about an error with a message, but will simply handle the error according to the set rules and continue working.
- File level security settings - you can select to preserve or not security settings for the backed up files. See Acronis True Image Home 2011: File level security settings.
- Compression level - set the backup compression level;
- Operation priority - set the operation priority of the backup and thus its load on the CPU of the machine;
- Network connection speed - you can set a limit on the network connection speed if you are backing up to a network share or FTP.
Set up E-mail notifications on backup creation. See also Acronis True Image Home 2011: Setting Up E-Mail Notifications.
Select the Save the settings as default check box if you would like to apply the modified settings to all further backup operations by default.