The product will help you choose what data to back up, how and where to back up
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
The Use backup assistant option will help you choose what data to back up, how and where to back up.
The assistant is available on the welcome screen of the product:
You can invoke the welcome screen at any time in the product by selecting Help -> Welcome screen:
- On the welcome screen, click Use backup assistant:
- Select what to back up:
- My computer - select this option to back up partitions;
- Files and folders - select this option to back up files and folders;
- E-mail - select this option to back up settings and messages of your Microsoft e-mail clients.
- Depending on the option you select, you will be then presented with backup options:
My computer Files and folders E-mail backup will bring you straight to backup setup
- Back up on a schedule - schedule backup execution or back up immediately. See Acronis True Image Home 2011: Scheduling a Backup;
- Use nonstop protection - set up and start nonstop backup. See Acronis True Image Home 2011: Nonstop Backup;
- Store in online storage - back up to Acronis online storage. See Acronis True Image Home 2011: Online Backup.