Description of how to install Acronis True Image Home 2011
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
- Acronis True Image Home 2011 Netbook Edition
This article describes how to install Acronis True Image Home 2011 on your system.
If you have a previous version of Acronis True Image Home installed, you can install Acronis True Image Home 2011 over it. You can also first uninstall a previous version of Acronis True Image Home and then install Acronis True Image Home 2011.
- Acronis True Image Home 2011: Installation of a Trial Version
- Acronis True Image Home 2011: Installation of an Upgrade
Depending on whether you have purchased a hard copy boxed version of the product or a downloadable installation file, you will be presented with the following options:
|Boxed version||Downloaded version|
- Click Install Acronis True Image Home to install the product:
- Click Next to start the installation:
- If you accept the license agreement, click I accept this agreement and Next:
- Select whether you would like to be a part of Acronis Customer Experience Program (ACEP) and click Next:
- Enter the serial number to install the full version of the product:
- Select the installation type:
- Typical and Complete - these options are identical. Both Acronis True Image Home 2011 and Rescue Media Builder will be installed;
- Custom - You can select not to install Rescue Media Builder. You can also select where to install the product (e.g., on a D: drive instead of C:). Please note that some product components will be still installed on C: drive (~100 MB) - this is required for it to function properly.
- Select whether to install for the current user or all users:
- Review the installation settings and click Proceed:
- The installation will then start:
- After the installation you will need to reboot the machine before you can start using the product:
If there is an issue with the product installation, please check Acronis True Image Home 2011 Known Installation Issues.
If you need assistance or have questions, please contact Acronis Customer Central.