This article shows how you can use CamStudio to record a video.
Follow these instructions describing the process shown in the video above:
- Download and install from CamStudio Website.
- Open it up, click on Region -> Region:
- If you would like to record audio, click on Options -> Record Audio from microphone:
- Click on the record button;
- With the left mouse button, click and drag to select an area that you would like to record:
- Demonstrate the issue;
- Click on the Stop button and save the video;
- The created video file will be quite large. One minute of recording may generate a 40 MB file. You need to compress the file;
Avoid using the built-in Windows ZIP compression tool, as it does not compress the video very well. Instead download and install 7-Zip.
Then right-click on your video and select 7-Zip -> Add to "Video.7z:
This will shrink the file by as much as 800%. E.g. a 40 MB video will shrink to 500 kB.
After getting the video is compressed, you will be able to send it to us via E-mail - just reply to the latest E-mail from Acronis Customer Central and attach the file.
If the file is bigger than 4 MB, then please ask your Acronis representative to provide you with an FTP link and upload the video as described in Uploading Files to Acronis FTP Server.