This has been fixed
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
(!) For Acronis True Image Home 2011 see Acronis True Image Home 2011: An Attempt to Apply Backup Task Results in "The given URI is empty"
- You create a backup policy that has square brackets in its name. For example, [BackupPolicy];
- You deploy the backup policy to an Acronis Agent;
- You connect to the Acronis Agent and run the backup task;
- The task fails with the following error message:
The given URI is empty
Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 improperly handles square brackets in the backup policy names while generating the backup script on the Acronis Agent side. Thus, square brackets cannot be used in the backup policy name.
This has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest build of the product. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
Or you can edit the backup policy name so that there are no square brackets, and redeploy it.