This has been fixed.
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2010
- Acronis Disk Director 11 Home
- You install Acronis Disk Director 11 Home on a machine where Acronis True Image Home 2010 is already installed;
- You launch Acronis True Image Home 2010;
- The application does not run and displays a message that a reboot is required to run it:
The older version of the Acronis product component
has been detected. The computer must be rebooted
for correct operation of Acronis True Image Home. Do
you want to reboot the computer now?
- After the reboot the same error appears.
Installation of Acronis Disk Director 11.0 Home over Acronis True Image Home 2010 sometimes does not correctly update the Acronis drivers responsible for disk access.
(!) This has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2010. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
The issue should be fixed. If the above does not fix the issue, delete the InstallReboot subkey from Windows registry:
- Invoke Windows Registry:
- Hit Start-Run:
- Type in regedit and hit Enter:
- Hit Start-Run:
- Navigate to the following subkey:
- Windows 32 bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\InstallReboot
- Windows 64 bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Acronis\InstallReboot
- Delete the InstallReboot subkey:
(!) If there is no InstallReboot subkey in the registry, then this is a different issue and needs investigation. Please contact Acronis Customer Central for assistance.
If none of the above helps, then the issue is not covered in this article and needs investigation. In this case, please contact Acronis Customer Central.