Put in correct credentials to fix the issue
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2010
An attempt to run or set up Acronis One-Click Backup fails with the following error message:
Failed to execute the task script. Error #1326 - "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password (0xFFF0)". (0x90CFE)
Event code: 0x00090CFE
The two possible causes are:
- The task was scheduled with incorrect username and/or password.
- The user account, under which the task was scheduled to run, was modified or deleted.
The credentials under which you run or set up Acronis One-Click Backup are your user name and password that you use to log into your Windows system:
(!) Please note that the user name as displayed in Windows may not be the same as it is recognized by Windows. To find out the real user name, please do the following:
- Hit Start-Run and type in compmgmt.msc
- Check the user name as it is shown on Local users and Groups -> Users:
Windows Vista, Windows 7 Windows XP
(!) If you do not have a password, you do not need to provide a password when scheduling a task, but you still need to provide your user name. The user name is usually provided automatically by the product:
It can be in the form of COMPUTERNAME\Username or just Username:
Set up Acronis One-Click Backup to run it with correct credentials:
- Start Acronis True Image Home 2010, click Tools & Utilities -> One-Click Backup:
- Click on the line in blue under Schedule:
- Provide the correct credentials and click OK:
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Acronis Customer Central.
If you need to enable the built-in Administrator account in Windows Vista or Windows 7, please do the following:
- Click Start, and type cmd;
- In the search results, right-click Command Prompt or cmd.exe, and select Run as administrator;
- When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue;
- In the command prompt, type net user administrator /active:yes, and press Enter;
- Type net user administrator [password], and press Enter
where [password] is the password you would like to set to the administrator account.
- Type exit, and then press Enter;
- Log off the current user account.