Acronis Disk Director 11 Home is a powerful tool for managing disks and volumes
This article applies to:
- Acronis Disk Director 11 Home
Acronis Disk Director 11 Home is a powerful tool for managing disks and volumes.
With Acronis Disk Director 11 Home you can:
- Create basic and dynamic volumes;
- Add, remove, or break mirrored volumes. See also Dynamic Disk Types Support in Windows Editions;
- Copy or move a volume of one type as a volume of another type - Change the type of a volume when copying or moving it. For example, you can copy the contents of a mirrored volume to a spanned volume;
- Convert primary volumes to logical and vice versa - Convert a primary volume to logical to create a fifth volume on a disk that currently has four primary volumes;
- Convert basic disks to dynamic and vice versa. See Acronis Disk Director 11: Converting Basic to Dynamic Disks and Vice Versa;
- Convert GPT disks to MBR and vice versa - Change the partitioning scheme of your disk the way you need it;
- Import foreign disks - Make dynamic disks added from another machine accessible for the system;
- Changing a disk status: online to offline and vice versa - Change a disk status to offline in order to protect it from unintentional use;
- Disk cloning - The Disk Cloning wizard lets you replace the old basic MBR disk with a new one without reinstalling operating systems and applications;
- Disk and volume management operations:
- Resize, move, copy, split and merge volumes;
- Format and label volumes, assign volume letters, and set volumes active;
- Delete volumes;
- Initialize newly added hard disks;
- Explore volume data, even on Linux volumes before performing operations;
- Preview changes made in disk and volume layout before applying them;
- Browse through the detailed information about all hard disks, volumes and file systems.
- Acronis Recovery Expert - Recover accidentally lost or deleted volumes on basic MBR disks;
- Acronis Bootable Media Builder - You can create bootable media based both on WinPE and Linux to use Acronis Disk Director on bare metal or outside of an operating system;
- Acronis OS Selector - Easy-to-use boot manager that allows several operating systems on a single machine and lets you create different configurations for any installed operating system, including Windows 7. See also Acronis Disk Director 11 Home: Installation of Acronis OS Selector;
- Log - Examine information about disk and volume operations, including reasons for failure, if any.
- Acronis Disk Editor - Edit hard disk data at the sector level. See also Acronis Disk Director 11: Acronis Disk Editor;
- Convert file system: FAT16 <-> FAT32 and EXT2 <-> EXT3. See also Acronis Disk Director 11: Converting File System;
- Hide\Unhide volume. See also Acronis Disk Director 11: Hiding and Unhiding Volumes;
- Convert file system: change cluster size. See also Acronis Disk Director 11: Changing Cluster Size.
Acronis Disk Director 11 Home works both with internal and external disks.