This has been fixed
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2010 Plus Pack Build 7046
(!) If you are using Acronis True Image Home 2010 with Plus Pack, see Acronis True Image Home 2011 Throws Errors in Application Event Log (Source: SideBySide, Event ID: 33) on Windows 7.
- You have Acronis True Image Home 2010 Plus Pack Build 7046 installed on Windows 7;
- You open Windows Event Viewer (Start-Run -> eventvwr.msc) and in Application Log see errors similar to the following one:
Event ID: 33
Activation context generation failed for ""C:\Program Files(x86)\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE\Files\TrueImage.exe"". Dependent AssemblyMicrosoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture=""x86"",type=""win32"",version=""8.0.50727.762"" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis."
The error is caused by the WinPE plug-in of Acronis True Image Home 2010 using different manifests than Acronis True Image Home 2010 itself.
(!) This has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2010. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
It is strongly recommended to install the latest build. You can also work around the issue without installing the build as described below:
The files that cause the errors belong to Acronis BartPE plug-in.
If you intend to use Acronis BartPE plug-in, you can safely ignore the messages.
If you are not going to use Acronis BartPE plug-in and would like to eliminate the messages, please do the following:
- Browse to the following folder:
- Windows 32 bit: C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome
- Windows 64 bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\TrueImageHome
- Right-click on the BartPE folder and choose Send to -> Compressed folder:
- Delete the original BartPE folder.
This will not affect the product's functionality. You will only not be able to use Acronis BartPE plug-in, unless you unpack it back.
Feel free to contact Acronis Customer Central if you have further questions.
For information about Acronis BartPE plug-in please see Working with Acronis True Image Plug-In for BartPE.