Remove Acronis Storage Node from Acronis Management Server and re-add it by IP address
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- You add Acronis Storage Node to Acronis Management Server using DNS name of the machine;
- You create a centralized managed vault;
- You create a backup policy to save backup to the created centralized managed vault;
- Deployment of the policy fails or hangs with the following error messages:
Failed to process synchronization data received from Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Management Server.
Failed to connect to the storage node.
- If you create a centralized unmanaged vault, and create a backup policy to it, it deploys correctly.
Agents cannot properly access Acronis Storage Node by DNS name. This can occur because of malfunction of DNS server or in case Acronis Storage Node machine has multiple NICs.
Remove Acronis Storage Node from Acronis Management Server and re-add it using IP address:
- Connect to Acronis Management Server, go to Storage nodes section, select Acronis Storage Node in question and press Remove:
(!) Vaults created on this Storage Node will remain intact. Previously created backup archives will not be deleted.
- Add the Storage Node back to Acronis Management Server and specify Acronis Storage Node by IP address instead of DNS name. See Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Adding Storage Node to Acronis Management Server.
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Acronis Storage Node Is Unresponsive Due to Excessive Logs
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Errors Out with "The vault you have selected is unavailable at the moment. Select another vault"
Contact Acronis Customer Central if you have any questions or need assistance.