This has been fixed
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server Build 11639
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Windows (Standalone) Build 11639
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition Build 11639
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation Build 11639
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Workstation (Standalone) Build 11639
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition Build 11639
- You have Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Build 11639 installed on Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2;
- You open Windows Event Viewer (Start-Run -> eventvwr.msc) and in Application Log see errors similar to the following ones:
Event ID: 33
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\BootableComponents\WinPE\Files\systeminfo.exe". Dependent Assembly
Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for
The error is caused by the WinPE plug-in of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 using different manifests than Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 itself.
(!) This has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest build of the product. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
To work around the issue without installing the latest build, see below.
The files that cause the errors belong to Acronis WinPE plug-in.
If you intend to use Acronis WinPE plug-in, you can safely ignore the messages.
If you are not going to use Acronis WinPE plug-in and would like to eliminate the messages, please do the following:
- Browse to the following folder:
- Windows 32 bit: C:\Program Files\Acronis\BootableComponents
- Windows 64 bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\BootableComponents
- Right-click on the WinPE folder and choose Send to -> Compressed folder;
- Delete the original WinPE folder.
This will not affect the product's functionality. You will only not be able to use Acronis WinPE plug-in, unless you unpack it back.
This has been fixed.