You may get a rollback due issues with permissions in the registry
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Windows (Standalone)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Workstation (Standalone)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- You are attempting to install Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for Windows;
- The installation starts, but then rolls back;
- In the installation log you search for Return value 3 (for Operating systems in English) and you see the following error entries:
(!) For complete information on how to analyze installation logs, please see Analyzing Installation Logs of Acronis Products Based on MSI Technology.
MSI (s) (A0:98) [10:24:55:153]: Note: 1: 2262 2: Error 3: -2147287038
MSI (s) (A0:98) [10:24:55:154]: Product: Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent – Error 1401. Could not create key. UNKNOWN\Components\0733F333F0207444980BE9FD9491F29A\592EC878CC40F9E488DEB8748562AC80. System error 5. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
Action ended at 0:24:55: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
The user under which you are installing the product does not have sufficient rights to access the Components registry key.
There are two possible solutions:
- Attempt to install the product under a different user that has sufficient rights. For example, under the default local administrator;
- Or correct the rights manually:
(!) The solution involves editing Windows Registry. Please back up your Windows Registry prior to applying the solution.
- Open the registry (Start-Run -> regedit);
- Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\<Your User SID>\Components
where <Your User SID> is the SID of the user under which the installation is attempted. It can be found by searching the MSI log for UserSID. For example UserSID = S-1-5-21-3488340926-2396348757-3477327232-1142.
- Right-click on the Components key and select Permissions:
- Select Advanced:
- Check the Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object:
- Open the Owner tab, select Administrators, check Replace owner on subcontainers and objects and press OK:
Reattempt the installation
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if you have further questions or need assistance.
If this is not the rollback that you had, then please see the main article about installation rollbacks: Analyzing Installation Logs of Acronis Products Based on MSI Technology
On Error 1401 See also Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: You receive an error message when you install an Office program or open an Office program or document