This prompt can be safely skipped
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10
- Acronis True Image Echo
- You are restoring Windows 2000 image to dissimilar hardware using Acronis Universal Restore;
- You get a prompt similar to the following one:
Device driver 'ACPI\GenuineIntel' for 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional' cannot be found. Place the driver on a removable media and click Retry.
Acronis Backup & Recovery 10
|Acronis True Image Echo|
Windows 2000 does not have embedded drivers for newer processor models.
Prompt for this driver can be safely skipped. Skipping this ACPI\GenuineIntel prompt will not affect the restored operating system. The restored operating system should boot successfully.
(!) You should not skip prompts for other drivers. Please follow one of the below articles corresponding to the Acronis product you are using:
- Restoring to Dissimilar Hardware with Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Universal Restore
- Restoring to Dissimilar Hardware with Acronis True Image Echo Universal Restore