If an archive is split in several volumes, recovery can fail for the first time. It should work correctly if you reattempt the restore
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2010
- Acronis Backup and Security 2010
- When creating a backup, in the Backup options you set the Archive splitting (Automatic or Fixed size):
(!) When archive is saved to a FAT32 formatted drive, it is split into 4 GB volumes automatically.
- You boot from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, go through the Recovery wizard and click Proceed to start restoring the split archive;
- Recovery starts and fails immediately with the following error message:
Error occurred while opening the file
A possible reason may be poor media quality
Click Retry to continue with Volume 1 or click Cancel to cancel the operation
- If you click Retry, the error remains.
Issue in the product. The error appears only on the first attempt.
To work around the issue, do the following:
- As soon as the error message appears, click Cancel;
- Go through the Recovery wizard again, without rebooting the computer;
- Recovery will work fine on this second attempt.
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.