How to manually export archives from a managed vault
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
This article describes how to manually export an archive from a managed vault.
(!) The method described here should only be applied, when the Acronis Storage Node is not able to read the archives or is not available and cannot be easily reinstalled to read the vaults.
(!) The method described here should not be applied if you have deduplication enabled.
Under normal circumstances, please refer to the following articles:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Exporting Archives and Backups
- Restoring Archives from an Unmanaged or a Central Managed Vault Using Acronis Bootable Media
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Moving Vaults on Acronis Management Server
- Without starting Acronis Backup & Recovery 10, navigate to the location of the vault. Inside you will find a .meta folder:
- Inside the .meta folder there will be meta files. One meta file for each archive (see also Acronis Backup & Recovery: Archives and Backups):
- You may either open the meta files manually in a text editor (e.g. Notepad) one by one, or search for the content of the meta files for the desired computer name, if you have many of them.
The information to look for is:
Note the machine_id field.
- Now browse to the computers folder:
- Inside the computers folder you will be able to identify the archive by the machine_id:
- You can now manually move the archive to a different folder, restore, or mount it using Acronis Backup & Recovery 10.
Feel free to contact Acronis Support if you have further questions or need assistance.