Allow the Network access for VMware Adapter on the "Network" tab
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup and Security 2010
- Acronis Internet Security Suite 2010
VMware virtual machines may have some issues with network connectivity if one of the above products is installed on the host machine.
This is because the firewall is limiting VMware Virtual Network Adapters access to the physical network and/or the host.
In order to resolve these issues, one needs to configure the product in a following way:
- Switch to Expert mode (see also Acronis Internet Security Suite 2010: Novice, Intermediate, and Expert Modes);
- Select Firewall -> Network;
- Set the following:
- Local area connection : Trusted Level = Safe / Stealth mode = off / Generic profile = Yes
- VMware Network Adapter VMNet1: Trusted Level = Trusted Local / Stealth mode = off / Generic profile = Yes
- VMware Network Adapter VMNet8: Trusted Level = Trusted Local / Stealth mode = off / Generic profile = Yes