Acronis services are not started. As a result, operations fail
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2010
- Acronis True Image Home 2010 Plus Pack
- Acronis True Image Home 2010 Netbook Edition
- Acronis Backup and Security 2010
If you have landed on this page after clicking a link on an error message window of Acronis True Image Home 2010, this means that the product operation has failed with a generic error. Please see one of the articles below that pertain to your scenario.
One of the operations fails with an error message similar to the following one:
The RPC server is unavailable
More information about this error and applicable solution may be available online in the Acronis Knowledge base.
To access the online resource manually enter the event code at:
Event code: 0x0000FFF0
This is a generic error message. It means that one, several, or all of Acronis services are not started. As a result, any operation depending on these services fails.
First of all, please make sure the two following Acronis services are started and their Startup type is set to Automatic:
(!) There is no Acronis Nonstop Backup service in Acronis True Image Home 2010 Netbook Edition. If you have the netbook edition, please start the Acronis Scheduler2 Service only.
(!) These services are unavailable if you boot Windows in Safe mode.
Once the two services are started, please see if the issue persists.
You may also check the following articles that may apply to your specific scenario:
- Acronis True image Home 2010: "Failed to create the scheduled task" Error Message
- Acronis True Image Home 2010: Nonstop Backup Fails to Start
- RPC Server is Unavailable (Error Code: 1722)
- Acronis True Image Home 2010: Acronis Nonstop Backup Errors Out with "Archive is not found"
- Recovery of a 4 GB or Bigger File to a FAT32 Destination Fails
- Acronis True Image Home 2010: Recovery from USB Nonstop Storage Fails with "Cannot read from storage"
- Acronis True Image Home 2010: Acronis Nonstop Backup Errors Out with "Archive is not found" and "0x00D60027+0x00040007+0x0000FFF0"
- Acronis True Image Home 2010: Acronis Nonstop Backup Errors Out with "Archive is not found" and "0x00D60027+0x00040011+0x0000FFF0"
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if the issue persists, you have questions or need assistance.