For Acronis Storage Node Service (ASN):
1. You try to add local Acronis Storage Node to your Acronis Management Server.
2. You receive the following error:
Error Code: 0x00AD0003+0x00030002+0x0000FFF0+0x80070002
Error Message: "Failed to establish local connection to Acronis Storage Node Service. Make sure that the service is installed and its status is Started."
There are three possible causes:
- ASN is not installed on the machine;
- ASN is installed, but is not started;
- ASN is started but it is not completely initialized yet.
(!) Acronis Services do not run in Windows safe mode.
- Make sure that the Acronis Storage Node Server is installed on the machine. You can check what modules are installed on the machine in Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs (or Programs and Features):
- Check the Acronis Storage Node Service and start it:
- If you are trying to add a Storage Node to Acronis Management Server: Acronis Storage Node
- To start this service, please download this tool here: asn_starter.zip
- After downloading, just run the tool and choose OK.
- If the service is already started please wait 2-3 minutes after system start before adding ASN to Acronis Management Server. This ensures that the service has time to initialize properly.
The service needs some time to initialize and to work with Acronis Backup & Recovery. Normally the service needs 3-5 minutes to start and initialize, but on some systems the startup may take longer, depending on the system configuration.