This has been fixed
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server (Agent for Linux)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Linux (Standalone)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server Virtual Edition (Agent for Linux)
- You have a backup of the whole hard disk drive that has LVM volumes;
- You attempt to restore the backup of the whole hard disk drive with MBR, non-LVM and LVM volumes;
- The restore starts and then stops. You can only cancel it:
- In the operation log you see the following error entry:
Failed to reread the partition table
It is not possible to reread the MBR and non-LVM volumes if there are LVM volumes set up on a target disk in the recovery wizard.
(!) This has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest build of the product. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
To work around the issue without installing the latest build, see below.
If you are restoring over a disk with existing LVM volumes, restore it first without MBR and non-LVM volumes.
If you are doing a bare metal restore, first restore the MBR only and non-LVM volumes, then restore the LVM structure:
This has been fixed.