Update Acronis Scheduler and recreate the tasks
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image 2010
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10
- Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange
- Acronis Recovery for MS SQL Server
- You have scheduled a backup or a validation task;
- The scheduled tasks fail to start. As a result, no backup is created.
Malfunction of Acronis Scheduler, which is a component of Acronis Backup Software.
- Download the latest build of Acronis Scheduler:
Acronis Scheduler 2 Build 8216
- Run the downloaded file. It will automatically update the service. See if the issue is resolved. If it is not, then please proceed with steps 3 and 4.
- Reboot the machine.
- Recreate the scheduled tasks.
(!) If you recover a full backup of the machine that has Acronis Backup Software installed, and during the recovery choose to generate new NT signatures for the drives, upon recovery previously scheduled backup tasks will not run. Acronis Backup Software scheduled tasks refer to hard drives by their NT signatures. You will need to recreate old tasks.
Collecting logs for investigating issues with Acronis Scheduler
- Download Acronis Scheduler Manager, right-click it and select "Run as administrator"
- Enable logging by using the following command:
set logflags support
- Reproduce the issue
- Compress the folder with Acronis Scheduler logs into a zip file or any other archive format:
32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2
64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2
- Disable logging by running schedmgr.exe "as administrator" and issuing the following command:
set logflags 0
- Get AcronisInfo Utility output;
- Create step-by-step screenshots illustrating the issue
- Indicate backup name and last time when backup failed to run by schedule
- Contact Acronis Customer Central with collected reports