You receive the following message:
You've exceeded the maximum number of activations for this serial number
Too many activations
You exceed the limit of available activations. For example, you have an Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office 1 computer license and attempt to install Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office on more than 1 machine.
Other possible causes:
- You reinstalled or upgraded your operating system.
- You upgraded your machine with new hardware.
- You replaced your machine with a new one.
If you want to use Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office on more machines than your license allows, you will need to purchase additional serial numbers and activate the new copies.
If you have reinstalled or upgraded your operating system or hardware, or simply moved the product to a different machine, reactivate Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office in the new environment.
- Click Resolve
- You have 3 options:
- Buy a new license: click Buy More and choose a suitable license or upgrade to a subscription that covers more seats
- Enter another Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office serial number you have already purchased: click Enter Serial Number, enter the new serial and click Activate
- Move the license to your new computer from another one on which the product is already activated. To do this, click Manage licenses:
- You will be redirected to Acronis Account. Log in with your credentials if you are not logged in automatically
- In the Products section, find Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office Essentials, Premium or Advanced, and then click Manage:
From here on you can manage licenses for your computers: you can deactivate the license on the computer you no longer need to protect.
To remove a license from a computer, click Deactivate in the line with the computer that you no longer need to protect:
Restart Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office, the program will be activated automatically using the available free license.
You can always check which machines the license is activated on via Acronis Account: see How to manage subscription licenses.